[ccwg-internet-governance] New NCUC Reps to the CCWG

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 07:26:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

the charter is here
https://community.icann.org/display/CPMMB/CCWG+on+IG+Charter
Last year, we sent a "no-objection" letter to the chartering organizations
on the interpretation regarding observers, the chartering organizations
approved that. Please find below the change:

*previous definition of membership. According to the current charter of the
CCWG IG membership of the CCWG includes members (appointed by the
chartering organisations, according to their own rules and procedures),
observers and experts. In this context observers are described as people
who:"In addition, all SOs and ACs may appoint Observers if permitted by and
in accordance with their own rules and procedures. Such Observers are
entitled to participate in WG deliberations on an equal footing with the
Members except for formal voting, when called for by the Co-Chairs of the
WG. Voting is limited only to Members. The number of Observers appointed by
each SO and AC shall not exceed the number of Members appointed by that SO
or AC."*

*The proposed changes.** In order to complete the transition to the fully
chartered CCWG IG, we seek your non objection on an interpretation of the
section on observers in the CCWG IG charter to mean: "In addition, the
CCWG-IG will be open to any interested person as a participant.
Participants may be from a chartering organization, from a stakeholder
group not represented in the CCWG-IG, or may be self-appointed.
Participants will be able to actively participate in and attend all CCWG-IG
meetings, work groups and sub-work groups. However, should there be a need
for a consensus call or decision, such consensus call or decision will be
limited to CCWG-IG members appointed by the chartering organizations”
(which is similar to the language in the charter of the CCWG-
Accountability) *

I also attached the letter we sent to the chartering organizations which
gives more background.

Best,

Rafik