[ccwg-internet-governance] Helsinki Meeting Transcript added (was Re: CCWG INTERNET GOVERNANCE F2F MEETING; 15.00 UTC TODAY)

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:51:43 UTC 2016

I would like to make a proposal for the CCWG-IG session in Hyderabad.I am in touch with some of the ICT and business leaders in India about what would be most useful to those attending from India.
I would like to propose that we prioritize 'looking locally' for what the CCWG-IG public session should cover/address.
As all know, this is a very sensitive time for the broader issues of IG, as well as how the policy world views the progression toward an independent and accountable ICANN. the broader eco system is very important to the Indian community of stakeholders, who are active in IG broadly, as well as those who follow ICANN.
Perhaps we could listen a bit to some from India -- from each of the stakeholder groups -- and then start planning our public session.
Congratulations to all of us for a great Helsinki working F2F session. I think it was very important for us, and I welcome the Board members who took time to observe our meeting. I also want to express appreciation to having the incoming CEO/President as a guest speaker.
I hope we will continue our tradition of having both a F2F and a public session at the two larger ICANN meetings, and perhaps agree that we have only a F2F at the mid year policy only meeting, IF this continues.
Personally, I am going to have to buy bigger luggage if we have 7 day meetings!
I hope you all know that is my attempt at humor.