[ccwg-internet-governance] [Soac-infoalert] ICANN57 High Interest Topics due by 18 August

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:51:05 UTC 2016

a) let's please do a Doodle and have a call to plan 1) f2f meeting and 2) High Interest IG public forum type event that takes into account that we are in India, and will have a high attendance from nationals.
b) For our high interest IG Public Forum, as we will have a community that is new to the global activities, perhaps we can suspend our own preferences and focus on what works for our audience. So 50% of our time could be what is going on.  and then 50% focused on a key IG issue.Frankly, I hope it is not about a delay in the IANA transition, but if it is, then so be it and so be us.
I hope, however, we might instead plan to focus on SDGs and how ICANN's community benefits from engaging in the achievements of the SDGS, and why ICANN matters in this engagement, going forward.
BUT, we may need to develop two tracks. One if.... and two, if...
I hope that we will agree to invite the Mexican host/GAC representative to make a five minute statement about the IGF and issue an invitation.
for our F2F, we can go into more details like who shot who at WTSA, and how we strengthen engagement with UNESCO, the ITU WGs of relevance... but also perhaps how the CCWG-IG might want to engage in support of ICANN at the IGF and the NRIs. We might want to recall that we might have thoughts about budget ideas that support broadening engagement.