[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: Fwd: Status of Your IGF 2016 Workshop Proposal

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Aug 25 15:14:03 UTC 2016

Dear all,

following up on the IGF proposal, I checked the CCWG IG email archives
and was under the impression that Nigel had sent the update to the
mailing list.... but could not find it.
Please find the confirmation below that our workshop
https://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/proposal/view_public/64
has been accepted for the IGF 2016 meeting.

> *From:* IGF <IGF at unog.ch <mailto:IGF at unog.ch>>
> *Date:* 3 August 2016 at 14:11:06 GMT+2
> *To:* <nigel.hickson at icann.org <mailto:nigel.hickson at icann.org>>,
> <dierdre.sidjanski at icann.org <mailto:dierdre.sidjanski at icann.org>>
> *Subject:* *Status of Your IGF 2016 Workshop Proposal*
>
> Dear Mr. NIGEL HICKSON,
>
> Thank you for submitting workshop proposal #64, “A Post IANA
> Transition ICANN ”, to be considered for the 11th Annual IGF Meeting
> to be held in  Guadalajara, Mexico.
>
> The Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) has reviewed all submitted
> workshop proposals. Following this review, we are pleased to inform
> you that  your workshop proposal, “A Post IANA Transition ICANN ”, was
> accepted for the IGF 2016 meeting.
>
> Editing of proposals is re-enabled via _this link_
> <https://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf2016/index.php/user/login> and we
> kindly ask you to further update your proposal with the following
> information *by 2 September 2016*:
>
> 1.  a complete list of the panellists, with as many “confirmed” as
> possible;
> 2.  an agenda of the workshop;

- a complete list of panellists -- I think that we already have that
worked out.
- an agenda for the workshop - this needs to be worked out. I propose a
similar format to our past workshops:

The agenda we followed for IGF2015 about IANA Stewardship Transition was:

1. Introductions
2. The IANA Transition process - comments from respondents and delegates
3. Accountability process - comments from respondents and delegates
4. Related issues; WSIS; IGF Mandate;
5. General discussion
6. Summary

Proposed agenda for IGF 2016:

1. Introductions
2. The IANA Transition process - epilogue from respondents and delegates
(includes comments on ICANN Accountability requirements for IANA
Stewardship Transition)
3. Accountability process - from Work Stream 1 to Work Stream 2. How do
you make an organisation accountable?
4. General discussion
5. Summary

Please comment on this. We also need to choose a moderator.

> Furthermore, please find below the comments made by the MAG during
> evaluation to help you further refine and update your proposal:
>
>     <Same as 63? One of them should go, but this looks like a
>     duplicate workshop.

There appears to have been an error where both workshops had the same
text. This is fixed now. #63 is about new gTLDs.

>     ICANN has already its proper space. it is better to keep the floor
>     for other entities

This comment appears to have been made about the organisation requesting
the workshop, not the topic of the workshop itself.

>     Very relevant and timely issue, but which could be maybe addressed
>     in a different type of session, for instance in Day 0.>

I wonder whether this is the case. Not being deeply knowledgeable about
the pros/cons of a day 0 session, I'll let others here comment.