[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: [council] AMENDMENT - Motion on Conditional Participation of the GNSO as a Chartering Organization for CCWG-IG

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:28:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

as you may saw in Olivier response to this thread, as co-chairs we started
the discussion on the follow-up to the motion and that covered the 2 points:

- reporting to chartering organisations and as per the meeting in Hyderabad
we are going to get staff support on that matter.  we have the proposal to
get a new report by early January.

- the GNSO council requested us to provide "a revised charter or a
recommendation to reconstitute the group under a new structure".
We are going to review the current charter against the CWG principles
framework (
https://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/uniform-framework-principles-recommendations-16sep16-en.pdf)
to highlight the discrepancies . Reading the motion, it seems that GNSO
council gives us some latitude to come with a new format and not
necessarily being restricted by existing ones.
For new structure, we have the list of existing formats at GNSO level that
may fit our needs. We would like to keep the cross-community aspect while
solving the issue of not having a strict start, end date and final
deliverable since IG topics may come up at anytime. A hybrid between the
standing committee  which monitors ongoing issue and cross-community
working group can be a possible alternative.
I think we can agree on few criteria/requirements we want to satisfy with a
amended charter and/or new structure.

Best,

Rafik