[ccwg-internet-governance] ICANN58 Block Schedule and High Interest Topic

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 17 14:50:27 UTC 2016

I know that some hate the idea of a round up, but IGF2016 and ICANN's continued engagement in IG meetings - such as IGF, CSTD, ITU WSIS and IPP; ECOSOC HLPF, WSIS Forum -- to me are an interesting discussion -- as a town hall - with the community.And, we should also assume some responsibility for explaining the SDGs and why ICANN has a role to play, alongside all other stakeholders.

Something like: consultation for ICANN's future engagement in the IG landscape and contributing to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, within the mandate of ICANN. ICANN is a key player in the larger IG ecosystem, working within its mandate, but recognizing that it influences, educates, and contributes to the broader IG debates and policy discussions, along side other stakeholders.

I think this is important to ensure that the Board WG, and the CEO and staff, hear from the broader community.

I have no idea how many members of the ICANN community itself attended IGF2016.

I am trying to do a "count" for the IGF-USA and the NRIs to identify the broader attendance, just for informational purposes.

We could treat this like a true town hall again, with 4-5 roving mikes, something like was done at the WSIS+10/IG and SDG and prepare an outcome statement to be then circulated more broadly for public comment.

Marilyn Cade