[ccwg-internet-governance] Proposed Agenda for CCWG IG public meeting in Marrakech

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:55:44 UTC 2016

We really need to have both the IGF Secretariat and the WSIS Chair on this panel, as this is the first in the trilogy of the ICANN meetings
So much has happened.  The ICANN community will benefit from a sort of roadmap, and survey of the road ahead.
We are not debating what is happening. In fact, that is simply NOT what the CCWG-IG is about, but about our [as a group] providing ideas, and almost guidance on what the community views as critically important in how ICANN interacts in the larger IG ecosystem.
BUT, to be credible, we need to do more work internally as a CCWG-IG.
I regret that I missed the meeting during the ICANN in Ireland. I was at the UN, as all of you are bored for me to remind!
BUT, there are a few things.

I appreciate hearing that we want new faces, and note that in the 30 minutes about ecosystem, that could be a great place for that!
Farzaneh, perhaps you can identify 2-3 'new faces' with expertise that could make 3-4 minute interventions.  And, perhaps we could strive to invite such responses from the floor. I recall that so often in these sessions, we look at the microphone line and it is empty. or has 2 people. THAT is not a welcomed sight to me. It is not that we, the organizers deny receptivity but that standing up is challening.
Let's think about a different approach. We can set up different mikes, as I made sure that was done at the WSIS+10 session at the IGF! [modeled after NetMundial, by the way. ] Then, different CCWG-IG members can brief and support engagement and facilitate awareness about the session, and we can have a standing line of [goal] 5+ [+] speakers per stakeholder group!
I love it
this week, I will see Farzaneh at the CSG Intercessional. Perhaps we can strategize on audience engagement approaches.
that means probably that we need to develop what I will call 'guiding questions'.
Now, a question: should we invite one of the UN co facilitators/ or their staff to join us for this session? I would love that and offer to reach out to them.

After all, we have the Net Mundial as a role model and the WSIS+10 event at IGF. 3 minutes strictly enforced got a lot of 'stuff said', so to speak.