[ccwg-internet-governance] Follow-up to Call of 9 Feb 2016

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 20:56:39 UTC 2016

Hello Olivier

See inline

On 10 February 2016 at 20:49, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:

> Dear Farzaneh,
>
> my comments inline:
>
> On 10/02/2016 18:59, farzaneh badii wrote:
> > Wolfgang is not a board member anymore .
>
> I never said he was.

It wasn't addressed to you, it was addressed to Marilyn. I think she missed
the Dublin meeting so she was not aware that Wolfgang's term has ended.

> > And why do we have to steer away the discussion about Wuzhen and
> > ICANN? This is not about Fadi. It is about ICANN being represented
> > there and if it is ok for ICANN to continue its representation.... so
> > if it comes up , why not discuss it ?
>
> Is ICANN represented there? What do you mean by "represented"? ICANN
> representatives take part in many meetings from UN related meetings to
> local IGFs etc. I don't think this WG has any way to dictate this. On
> the other hand, if "represented" means ICANN representatives leading
> initiatives on behalf of ICANN, that might be another story. I see a
> different from participating in an initiative and leading an initiative.

Olivier, UN and local IGFs are by no means comparable to this specific
conference and I don't think I should elaborate further. This is just a bad
analogy. I believe   as a matter of principle if a community member at the
ig session  wants to question the participation of Icann at this
conference  should be able to do so and should receive a response and not
be steered away.

Farzaneh