[ccwg-internet-governance] Follow-up to Call of 9 Feb 2016

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:50:00 UTC 2016

I share concerns about some of the activities that the CEO self initiated, and that the community had concerns or questions about -- the Stanford Deliberative Poll funding and endorsement comes to my mind as an example. Or creating five WGs on topics that the community was not in full support of, and spending quite a bit of money on those. those WGs actually probably launched what led to the creation of the CCWG-IG>
However, I support staff participation in a variety of IG activities, including the WSIS+10, CSTD, UNESCO, WSIS Forum, IGF, etc.
that does not mean that members of the community are not also in attendance, but we are not there as ICANN stakeholders, typically, we are all there in different roles, more broadly about IG.
Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater on when and what ICANN staff, or even the senior staff or Board should attend. Let's instead focus on those areas that the community did not understand or finds challenging and wants to better understand.