[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG Internet Governance Face to Face working group session in Marrakesh

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Feb 19 01:17:06 UTC 2016

Hello all,

this thread is to discuss specifically the F2F Working Group Session on
Wednesday @ 10.45am local time.

So far, we have two topics:

1. WSIS Forum Workshop Preparation. (20 minutes)
- refine topic
- pick panellists and moderator
- pick flow

2. Discussion on the Purpose of the Working Group and Effectiveness in
providing guidance to Staff. (40 minutes)

Based on the WG's operation since its inception, has the CCWG IG
delivered on its charter? As a new CEO takes office at ICANN, a F2F
discussion on this topic would greatly benefit the CCWG IG in planning
for its future. Can improvements be made?

May I suggest that 2 topics are absolutely enough for a 1 hour meeting?
Next, as was suggested to increase the "productivity" in advance ofthis
session, can we please all voice our expectations on the deliverables of
the discussion of this second topic? Without a regular review of our
activities, the CCWG IG would not evolve, but I am reticent to re-hash
old circular discussions so it might be a good idea to set ourselves a
goal beforehand.