[ccwg-internet-governance] Update on Marrakech agendas

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Feb 28 14:41:05 UTC 2016

Dear all,

our last CCWG IG call focussed on finalising the agendas of our WG Face
to Face and Public meetings in Marrakech. Please find the two agendas
attached, along with the current speakers.

_Public Meeting_

You will note that we are still looking for a speaker on WSIS+10. If you
have suggestions please email me.

The flow for the WSIS+10 process is pretty straight forward as it will
mostly be informational. People need to come away with a better
understanding of those processes and it would be interesting to learn
from the audience to what extent should ICANN take part in these processes.

When it comes to the discussion about fragmentation v. openness the aims
are as follows:

Aim 1: educate
Based on the topic - what is in it for each of our communities?
Action points for each of our communities? How does fragmentation affect
ICANN?

Aim 2:

Should ICANN engage in this process? How?

The main aim to is get participants to understand fragmentation better.
The angle of Universal Acceptance of all TLDs is particularly important.

GAC HLM takeway -- protocol will be worked out to define who will
provide the 5 minute update.

_F2F Meeting_

This is self explanatory (see agenda). Staff are working on attempting
to get as many statistics s possible to give us interesting starting
point when it comes to the CCWG IG's achievements so far.