[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG-IG call of Friday, January 15th - Draft Agenda Added

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Fri Jan 15 14:50:29 UTC 2016

Would also be interesting to know if ICANN staff have mapped out the
upcoming year and relevant the IG/DNS/Internet-related events where they
suggest there may be opportunities for  ICANN to participate and at what
level of representation?

Thanks.

On 15/01/2016 14:45, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
> Dear Marilyn,
>
> thanks for your follow-up. My comments are interspersed in your text:
>
> On 15/01/2016 13:38, Marilyn Cade wrote:
>> I propose a mild reorganization of the agenda
>> Let's move item 3 to later in the agenda.  That was a CEO driven
>> event that it will be interesting to hear a staff report on but a
>> brief one.   Future activities by the exiting CEO have to be of
>> interest but not consume the CCWG-IG,
>
> Done.
>

>> Let's also make the update about ICANN staff/Board participation in
>> the upcoming WEF just that: a report on what is scheduled, who is
>> attending, and the 'official messages'. There are something like
>> 10-12 sessions that have implications about IG, so that would be an
>> excellent opportunity for ICANN staff to update the CCWG-IG on what
>> ICANN [who, when/what] are engaged in at WEF.
>
> That is the aim of the 10 minutes.
>

>> If WEF is becoming more important in IG, then the CCWG-IG may want to
>> designate a sub team in the CCWG-IG to follow and contribute guidance
>> and thought leadership, or at least provide information feedback in
>> future.
>>
>> Priority
>> Item 4 and 6
>> -for item 4.:
>> I also propose that we break item 4 into two topics: 4a) WSIS Outcome
>> Document and its implications for ICANN and the IG Ecosystem and 4b)
>> Report from CSTD Intercessional and Implications for ICANN and IG
>> Ecosystem.
>> -Item 6: given the high level meeting, to me the IG session, its
>> schedule and its focus is a keen priority.
>
> I have shuffled the agenda. Please check:
> https://community.icann.org/x/4pplAw
>

>> It would be a "/lapse of accountability "/  on our part to miss the
>> opportunity to conduct the IG session WHEN the HL attendees are
>> available, and also to overlook that we, the CCWG-IG need to engage
>> with the HL attendees.
>>

> Yes that is very important.
>

>> I look forward to providing feedback about the excellent CSTD
>> Intercessional, and welcome that we have both myself and Nigel, who
>> attended for ICANN, on our upcoming call.
>>
>> The schedule ahead on key events also needs some visibility.
>>
>> I have updated my timeline for events of critical interest, and
>> perhaps ICANN staff and I can take a look at how to update a schedule
>> post this first of 2016 call.
>>

> Thanks - that is always a key document for this WG.

Matthew Shears
Director - Global Internet Policy and Human Rights
Center for Democracy & Technology
mshears at cdt.org
+ 44 771 247 2987

---