[ccwg-internet-governance] Follow-up to CCWG IG call / preparing workshop submission for WSIS Forum in Geneva

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Jan 21 08:29:41 UTC 2016


Hello all,

I am following-up an action item of our last conference call:

/Set-up sub-group of the CCWG IG to draft a proposal for a workshop at
the WSIS Forum/

The Agenda, transcript & recording are all available on
https://community.icann.org/x/4pplAw

The discussion went as such:

On submitting a proposal for a workshop at the WSIS Forum:

/MARILYN CADE: Right. The deadline for [CROSSTALK]… The deadline for
submitting a//
//proposal is the end of January. It’s Marilyn. My proposal would be for//
//those who are interested, take up a sub‐discussion about organizing the//
//workshop and come back with the draft, and we maybe do that before//
//the end of next week, so that the group could agree on a workshop//
//proposal.//
//OLIVIER CRÉPIN‐LEBLOND: Excellent. Thanks for this Marilyn. It’s
Olivier speaking. Let’s have this//
//as an action item then, and just send, if we can know, move forward, do//
//we have anybody on the call who wants to be part of this subgroup//
//quickly?//
//I gather Bill Drake and Marilyn Cade, you might be interested?//
//MARILYN CADE: Bill, if you’re interested in leading, I’m happy to
contribute, but I want//
//more. I want to see Marilia, you know, Mark, yeah. Matthew is//
//volunteering. Let’s get five to six people to help to organize. Is that//
//okay? [CROSSTALK]//
//BILL DRAKE: Someone else should coordinate this. I will be offline
basically all next//
//week. So somebody else should take the lead [CROSSTALK]…//
//MARILYN CADE: Okay, so how about Marilia, Matthew, Marilyn, Nigel, you
know, I’m//
//looking at the list and Mark [inaudible], Carlos, you know, let’s get a//
//group and do, and ask the staff to set up a list for us and we will
get a//
//draft. That doesn’t mean those who participate in proposing are the//
//speakers, but we do the organizing. Is that okay?//
//OLIVIER CRÉPIN‐LEBLOND: That works for me. It’s Olivier speaking. And
we’ve taken note of this.//
//I’ll follow up with Desiree Cabrera afterwards on this. I’m not sure
we’ll have enough time to setup a mailing list, but certainly just having//
//[CROSSTALK] do this by email. It’s no problem.//
//MARILYN CADE: Yeah, let’s do the list. People volunteer, we’ll get a
conference call,//
//blah, blah, blah.

/So here's the list. We have only until the end of the month to solidify
a topic proposal.
Several questions to kick off the discussion:

1. are you willing to take part in the design of such a workshop/session?
2. do you have any suggestion for a topic/subject to be addressed in the
workshop/session?
3. do we need a conference call next week specifically on this topic?
(if yes, staff can set-up a doodle)
4. do we need a dedicated mailing list, or can we just organise email
for the time being and then report back to the main CCWG IG group
mailing list?

Looking forward to your kind replies!

Warmest regards,

Olivier
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-internet-governance/attachments/20160121/bc5caa72/attachment.html>


More information about the ccwg-internet-governance mailing list