[ccwg-internet-governance] Follow-up to CCWG IG call / preparing workshop submission for WSIS Forum in Geneva

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 13:23:02 UTC 2016

thanks, Olivier.I had invited the staff to offer us a time slot. This has been a busy week.Let me propose Monday or Tuesday of next week. My apologies to miss this week!

From: ocl at gih.com
To: ccwg-internet-governance at icann.org
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 09:29:41 +0100
Subject: [ccwg-internet-governance] Follow-up to CCWG IG call / preparing workshop submission for WSIS Forum in Geneva


    Hello all,


    I am following-up an action item of our last conference call:


    Set-up sub-group of the CCWG IG to draft a proposal for a
      workshop at the WSIS Forum


    The Agenda, transcript & recording are all available on


    The discussion went as such:


    On submitting a proposal for a workshop at the WSIS Forum:


    MARILYN CADE: Right. The deadline for
        [CROSSTALK]… The deadline for submitting a

      proposal is the end of January. It’s Marilyn. My proposal
        would be for

      those who are interested, take up a sub‐discussion about
        organizing the

      workshop and come back with the draft, and we maybe do that

      the end of next week, so that the group could agree on a


      OLIVIER CRÉPIN‐LEBLOND: Excellent. Thanks for this Marilyn.
        It’s Olivier speaking. Let’s have this

      as an action item then, and just send, if we can know, move
        forward, do

      we have anybody on the call who wants to be part of this


      I gather Bill Drake and Marilyn Cade, you might be

      MARILYN CADE: Bill, if you’re interested in leading, I’m
        happy to contribute, but I want

      more. I want to see Marilia, you know, Mark, yeah. Matthew

      volunteering. Let’s get five to six people to help to
        organize. Is that

      okay? [CROSSTALK]

      BILL DRAKE: Someone else should coordinate this. I will be
        offline basically all next

      week. So somebody else should take the lead [CROSSTALK]…

      MARILYN CADE: Okay, so how about Marilia, Matthew, Marilyn,
        Nigel, you know, I’m

      looking at the list and Mark [inaudible], Carlos, you know,
        let’s get a

      group and do, and ask the staff to set up a list for us and
        we will get a

      draft. That doesn’t mean those who participate in proposing
        are the

      speakers, but we do the organizing. Is that okay?

      OLIVIER CRÉPIN‐LEBLOND: That works for me. It’s Olivier
        speaking. And we’ve taken note of this.

      I’ll follow up with Desiree Cabrera afterwards on this. I’m
        not sure we’ll have enough time to setup a mailing list, but
        certainly just having

      [CROSSTALK] do this by email. It’s no problem.

      MARILYN CADE: Yeah, let’s do the list. People volunteer,
        we’ll get a conference call,

      blah, blah, blah.


      So here's the list. We have only until
        the end of the month to solidify a topic proposal.

        Several questions to kick off the discussion:


        1. are you willing to take part in the design of such a workshop/session?

        2. do you have any suggestion for a topic/subject to be
        addressed in the workshop/session?

        3. do we need a conference call next week specifically on this
        topic? (if yes, staff can set-up a doodle)

        4. do we need a dedicated mailing list, or can we just organise
        email for the time being and then report back to the main CCWG
        IG group mailing list?


        Looking forward to your kind replies!


        Warmest regards,




ccwg-internet-governance mailing list
ccwg-internet-governance at icann.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-internet-governance/attachments/20160121/aa4e9fca/attachment.html>

More information about the ccwg-internet-governance mailing list