[ccwg-internet-governance] paper on Internet fragmentation

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 08:37:58 UTC 2016

Hi Olivier

> On Jan 25, 2016, at 17:59, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:

> The note was not meant to designate discussions that are allowed or not.

If it wasn’t clear, I wasn’t replying to you on this point.

> My comments should not be seen as a criticism, but a (late)
> feedback for potential future work. Just trying to be helpful.

That was understood

> When it comes to fragmentation around names and
> numbers this is a subset of all fragmentation. Has ICANN already engaged
> the wider world about Universal Acceptance of all TLDs?

Not so much and that is part of why I personally would be interested in discussing fragmentation in the name space with people who work in that space.  Being neither an engineer nor in the ‘DNS industry’ I’d like to know more about the scope and impact of gTLD and other blocking, collisions, and so on and suspect I’m not entirely alone.  So my thought was such things might usefully be discussed and framed in a larger context that hooks to the OECD process etc., and this might lead fewer audience members to stare at their devices.  But again, if there’s not interest, ok let’s do the usual.

Cheers

Bill