[ccwg-internet-governance] Ongoing ITU Consultation from Feb to Sep 2016

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:31:53 UTC 2016

Nigel, I think it would be helpful for ICANN to provide a submission into the Open Consultation on Internet Matters.Especially, as there has been a proposal from a couple of ITU Member States to actually make the IANA transition  part of one of the consultations.  By providing a transparent and clearly worded, easy to understand explanation of what ICANN does, and does not do, this can help to inform Council members of the ITU.
It is important always to understand that although there is overlap in the representatives of certain countries in the ICANN GAC and the ITU Council, really, that is minimal and so we are speaking to different parts of the different governments. Best to consider it always new ground and information and facts as our friend.
As to whether the CCWG IG might submit also, I am wondering if we might not summarize our workshop at the WSIS Forum as a submission?