[ccwg-internet-governance] Preparing the F2F meeting in Helsinki

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Jun 13 11:02:33 UTC 2016

Dear all,

following on the Doodle Poll which you have been asked to fill, and the
discussion we had in this CCWG-IG's latest call, the preferred time for
a face to face meeting in Helsinki ended up being Tuesday 28 June from
17:00-18:30. We have made a room request with full services and it looks
likely that this will be granted.

Nigel Hickson has invited Göran Marby to join us for at least part of
the meeting. Markus Kummer, the Chair of the Board working group on
Internet Governance and who has already spoken to us in the last
conference call ( listen to the recording linked from:
https://community.icann.org/x/8BeOAw ) will also be present.

We need to build an agenda as soon as possible. I would suggest the
following topics:

- discussion with Göran Marby, ICANN President and CEO
(this discussion will hinge on the function of the CCWG-IG wrt the ICANN
community, its relationship with its co-chartering organisations, the
ICANN Board and ICANN staff. The goal for this discussion is to hear the
new CEO's plans when it comes to Internet Governance and for the CEO to
hear the CCWG-IG's current work)
- discussion with Markus Kummer, Chair of Board working group on
Internet Governance
(this discussion should be a follow-up of the introductory call between
the CCWG-IG and BWG-IG Chair)
- planning for the CCWG-IG's work until the ICANN AGM

Please comment on the above topics. Please be so kind to make
suggestions on any other topics, or different discussions you'd like to
have with Göran and Markus.