[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG Internet Governance Face to Face meeting in Helsinki

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Jun 21 14:57:44 UTC 2016

Dear Farzaneh,

On 21/06/2016 16:08, farzaneh badii wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> Thank you .
>
> What sort of discussions are we going to have with Goran and Markus ?
> Do we know what we are gonna ask them ?

Good question. When I last asked the question preparing the F2F meeting,
Marilyn Cade suggested:

/"-Introduction of Goran Marby and invitation to share his thoughts
about Internet Governance and its relevance to ICANN /
/10 min++/
/-mini Q and A with Goran: moderated by co-Chairs and probably limited
to 2-3 questions/
/
/
/Total of 20 min/
/
/
/*I recommend against using this limited time with the CEO/President on
his first official ICANN meeting to discuss CCWGs, their charters. that
is more an internal issue within the SOs.  Also, while is suitable for
the topic to be raised, I would start with first the 'getting to know
each other' approach for this initial engagement with Goran. Some have
met him, but this is an official engagement."/

I quite like this approach. We need to get Göran know what we have done,
what we do now and what we are planning to do. We also need to find out
what his plans are regarding ICANN in the wider Internet Governance
world and how he aims to work with the community on this. I would
refrain from being judgemental on the action of his predecessor and aim
to focus on Mr. Marby & the future. What else would you suggest in
addition to this?