[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG Internet Governance Face to Face meeting in Helsinki

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:06:52 UTC 2016

Are we okay with this approach?
Goran may not be as expert as we might think, as while he was at a very friendly government, really, we are the experts at CCWG-IG.

    "-Introduction of Goran Marby and
          invitation to share his thoughts about Internet Governance and
          its relevance to ICANN
    10 min++
    -mini Q and A with Goran: moderated by
          co-Chairs and probably limited to 2-3 questions

    Total of 20 min

    *I recommend against using this
          limited time with the CEO/President on his first official
          ICANN meeting to discuss CCWGs, their charters. that is more
          an internal issue within the SOs.  Also, while is suitable for
          the topic to be raised, I would start with first the 'getting
          to know each other' approach for this initial engagement with
          Goran. Some have met him, but this is an official engagement."

      I quite like this approach. We need to get Göran know what we have
      done, what we do now and what we are planning to do. We also need
      to find out what his plans are regarding ICANN in the wider
      Internet Governance world and how he aims to work with the
      community on this. I would refrain from being judgemental on the
      action of his predecessor and aim to focus on Mr. Marby & the
      future. What else would you suggest in addition to this?