[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG-IG call times - May 11-12

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat May 7 13:15:01 UTC 2016

Dear Marilyn,

answers inline:

On 07/05/2016 00:50, Marilyn Cade wrote:
> I ask that we move this call to the following week and debrief from
> both WSIS Forum and CSTD.
>
> Both are important but the perhaps more challenging discussions of
> relevance to ICANN will be during CSTD's last two days -- the very
> days that staff are proposing a call. I don't see the value in that.

That would be very helpful to cover both WSIS Forum & CSTD together -
and I also note at present that the Doodle Responses have a lot of red
and little green.

Desiree - could we please have the Doodle for the week after?

> Any community members attending CSTD, such as myself and ICANN staff,
> such as  Nigel, and anyone else from ICANN civil society, or technical
> community, or from the business community who are in attendance will
> be busy on those days.
>
> So, apologies, but again, I have asked several times: why is there
> only one week as options?
>
> We must start offering at least 2-3 days over two weeks... as standard.

Sorry I had no caught this suggestion. As we space the calls apart, the
discussion in our last call was to use the external events schedule as a
guideline on scheduling calls, so having Doodle spanning two weeks might
be counterproductive.