[ccwg-internet-governance] ICANN board resolution on IG

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Wed May 18 14:14:32 UTC 2016

Frankly surprised (or maybe not) that there is no mention of involving
or working with the community (although staff gets a mention).

Matthew

On 5/18/2016 3:08 PM, Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. wrote:
> I read it Rafik!
>
> Should we consider merging the CCWG IG with the Board WG IG? Or how
> are we going to coordinate????
>
> Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
> +506 8837 7176
> Skype: carlos.raulg
> Current UTC offset: -6.00 (Costa Rica)
> On 18 May 2016, at 8:03, Rafik Dammak wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> please find below a resolution made by the ICANN board in its last
>> meeting
>> to create a board working group on Internet Governance.
>>
>> https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2016-05-15-en
>>
>>    e.  Board Working Group on Internet Governance (BWG-IG)
>>
>> Whereas, the Internet governance landscape continues to evolve, and
>> ICANN's
>> role within the Internet governance ecosystem will also continue to
>> evolve
>> and will benefit from an enhanced dialogue between the Board and
>> management
>> working on Internet governance issues.
>>
>> Whereas, the Board Governance Committee (BGC) has recommended that the
>> Board form a Board Working Group on Internet Governance (BWG-IG) to
>> provide
>> consultation and advice on ICANN's efforts related to involvement in
>> Internet governance work, as appropriate within ICANN's mission and in
>> service of ICANN's strategic plan, which includes providing consultation
>> with ICANN staff on collaboration and engagement in Internet governance
>> activities.
>>
>> Whereas, the BGC has recommended that the Board appoint the following
>> Board
>> members to the BWG-IG: Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Ron da Silva, Chris
>> Disspain,
>> Markus Kummer (Chair), Erika Mann, George Sadowsky and Lousewies van der
>> Laan.
>>
>> Resolved (2016.05.15.06), the Board hereby approves the establishment
>> of a
>> Board Working Group on Internet Governance (BWG-IG) in accordance
>> with the
>> Charter recommended by the BGC with the following membership: Rinalia
>> Abdul
>> Rahim, Ron da Silva, Chris Disspain, Markus Kummer (Chair), Erika Mann,
>> George Sadowsky and Lousewies van der Laan.

Matthew Shears | Director, Global Internet Policy & Human Rights Project
Center for Democracy & Technology | cdt.org
E: mshears at cdt.org | T: +44.771.247.2987