[ccwg-internet-governance] IGF workshop follow-up

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed May 18 15:11:55 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

on today's call we discussed the current call for workshop proposals for
IGF.
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf16-workshops
*The deadline for submitting proposals is Monday 6 June 00:00 UTC.*

Whilst it is well understood that by the time the IGF will take place,
the CWG IANA and the CCWG Accountability processes will have moved on,
it was felt by participants on the call that it would be worth doing a
workshop entitled "Post Transition ICANN" that would be informational
and that would provide a good update to a non-ICANN audience about the
process used in CWG IANA and CCWG Accountability, the new ICANN bylaws
and a progress report on the start of Work Stream 2 work. Emphasis on
the openness of the process and a call for participation could also be a
good focus.
Nigel Hickson has informed us of his ability to work out a proposal with
us and to file it.

I have created a WIKI page that we can use to build that proposal:
https://community.icann.org/display/CPMMB/IGF+2016+Workshop

Please comment on the proposed topic using the "comment feature" (login
required)