[ccwg-internet-governance] World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly

Mark Carvell mark.carvell at culture.gov.uk
Wed May 18 17:23:39 UTC 2016

Dear Marilyn

Do correct me if I may have misunderstood your idea but of course
governments have their set preparatory processes for WTSA - for many
carried out on a regional basis, like the UK through the European
coordination in the ITU. So I can't see a GAC contribution - if you mean by
that a formal statement of position that would involve the same governments
- fitting easily with those processes - even if it were possible for the
160 member GAC to reach a common position. And governments intervening in
WTSA from their locus at ICANN will surprise people I think. Sorry if this
sounds unduly negative - and do correct me if I have misunderstood!

Best regards

Mark

Mark Carvell
Global Internet Governance Policy