[ccwg-internet-governance] ICANN board resolution

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:04:03 UTC 2016

Hi

Good to have Markus chairing this second WGIG.  I trust this group will have a much more open interface to the community than the Global Relationships Committee did; we used to have to beg for info on GRC activities and generally got vague replies to questions and later some schematic meeting notes.  One would think that evolving a functional relationship with the BWG-IG should be an important focus of CCWG-IG efforts...

Bill

> On May 18, 2016, at 16:03, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> please find below a resolution made by the ICANN board in its last meeting to create a board working group on Internet Governance.
>
> https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2016-05-15-en <https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2016-05-15-en>
>
>    e.  Board Working Group on Internet Governance (BWG-IG)
>
> Whereas, the Internet governance landscape continues to evolve, and ICANN's role within the Internet governance ecosystem will also continue to evolve and will benefit from an enhanced dialogue between the Board and management working on Internet governance issues.
>
> Whereas, the Board Governance Committee (BGC) has recommended that the Board form a Board Working Group on Internet Governance (BWG-IG) to provide consultation and advice on ICANN's efforts related to involvement in Internet governance work, as appropriate within ICANN's mission and in service of ICANN's strategic plan, which includes providing consultation with ICANN staff on collaboration and engagement in Internet governance activities.
>
> Whereas, the BGC has recommended that the Board appoint the following Board members to the BWG-IG: Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Ron da Silva, Chris Disspain, Markus Kummer (Chair), Erika Mann, George Sadowsky and Lousewies van der Laan.
>
> Resolved (2016.05.15.06), the Board hereby approves the establishment of a Board Working Group on Internet Governance (BWG-IG) in accordance with the Charter recommended by the BGC with the following membership: Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Ron da Silva, Chris Disspain, Markus Kummer (Chair), Erika Mann, George Sadowsky and Lousewies van der Laan.

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  www.williamdrake.org
The Working Group on Internet Governance - 10th Anniversary Reflections
New book at http://amzn.to/22hWZxC