[ccwg-internet-governance] Important information about face to face meeting in Helsinki

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed May 25 15:26:43 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I have made the request for a room in Helsinki according to this
meeting's special rules. These stipulate that the Helsinki meeting is a
Policy meeting and that any requests for rooms have to be made via SO/AC
Leadership. As a result, the ALAC have served as intermediary.

Four Sign up rooms with full services will be available in Helsinki and
available for booking around the second week in June, on a first come,
first served basis (via the Staff internal booking portal).

Our option would be to identify a couple of slots suitable for our
working group and once we have access to the meeting rooms, submit a
request immediately. The meeting rooms are available from 9am to 6pm daily.

For this purpose, staff will send out a Doodle shortly indicating five
possible 75/90 minute slots of each of the four days (Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday, Thursday):

- 9:15 - 10:30
- 10:45 - 12:00
- 13:30 - 15:00
- 15:15 - 16:45
- 17:00 - 18:30

Please be so kind to fill the Doodle as soon as possible, so we have a
good idea when a slot would be most suitable for everyone.
I realise that you might not know the current schedule. Please be so
kind to find a copy of the overall schedule (as it was published on 15
May): https://community.icann.org/x/_o5CAw
I have also attached a copy of the overall schedule if you have trouble
accessing the one online.

We should also be contacting the new Chair of the Board Committee on
Internet Governance, Markus Kummer for him to join us.
Furthermore, I also understand that several people have asked for the
CCWG-IG members to meet with the new ICANN CEO to discuss his proposed
strategy and plans for ICANN in the wider Internet Governance Ecosystem.
I gather that Nigel or Desiree will be able to follow-up on this and
make these two requests as soon as possible, find out their availability
and fill that in the Doodle so that we can have a meeting maximising
participants and including our two guests.