[ccwg-internet-governance] KIND REMINDER: Re: IGF workshop follow-up

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun May 29 10:03:49 UTC 2016

Thanks for your suggestion Farzaneh.

I am also concerned about it being rejected, of course. I thought that
having a focus on the multistakeholder model would give it more chance
to succeed - as in:
1. this is an example of a specific multistakeholder model having
succeeded in coming up with an operational plan: and
2. the plan was to make the organisation accountable to its own communities

(1) has real impact on Internet Governance because opponents of the
multistakeholder model often criticise if for not being able to take any
decisions. We often hear that a multi-lateral model is needed when
decisions need to be made and certainly when anything remotely
operational (by opposition to something theoretical) is to be addressed.
(2) is a real novelty. Traditionalists usually look up to a higher
authority to which an organisation is accountable to - and the question
remains "to whom is the higher authority accountable to?" But in the
accountability plan, we see the novelty of what I would call a circular
accountability, being accountable to the communities that select the
leaders. Isn't this something novel enough for the MAG to allow this
session to take place?