[ccwg-internet-governance] KIND REMINDER: Re: IGF workshop follow-up

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:42:39 UTC 2016

The posturing and sabre-rattling you see on Capitol Hill has less to do
with the cementing of the ICANN's multi-stakeholder model than fowls you
find with teeth.

The merchants and true believers of American exceptionalism as just as
misguided in thinking the real centres of power have changed. Not true at
all. But the effort to disabuse them would be not worth the while.

We started off with the NTIA telling us the acceptable endgame. Read the
historical documents and you see this was always in the plan. In my humble
opinion the community has delivered and to be brutally honest, I am not
bothered.  For with all the changes , we are still at the place and I'd
preferentially take a gamble with California law and a federal district
judge as final arbiters.

Different day, a slight change in design implemented for the same dollar
expended.

So what of end users, the always poor country cousins in the ICANN
firmament? If you think the balance of power has changed in our favour,
then you should know I have title to the Brooklyn Bridge and am in the mood
to sell.

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799