[ccwg-internet-governance] KIND REMINDER: Re: IGF workshop follow-up

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 22:49:39 UTC 2016

I just want to put on my IGF MAG hat for a minute. I already noted that I would not participate in the development of the proposal, as MAG members cannot submit workshop proposals.
However, just a comment: as important as this topic is, the workshop proposal  needs to be about the IG aspects, NOT just a briefing about what ICANN is and how it works, and its more recent focus areas -- which might be the IANA transition...  -- that belongs in ICANN's Open Forum session.

The IGF MAG expects over 250 workshop proposals [if last year is a predictor] and there will be only around 90 - 100 approved.
I am not going to be online now for a while, as weather in mid America is wreaking havoc with all flights out from where I am, so I may  not be able to comment until much later tomorrow.
But, asking you to carefully consider how you relate this to Internet Governance.  I am sure you can do that... and undoubtedly there will be other workshop proposals from others on this topic.
All voices and views are also a requirement... but then all of you have read the published criteria, so enough on that! M