[ccwg-internet-governance] Update on CCWG-IG

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. carlosraulg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 02:46:34 UTC 2016

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
+506 8837 7176
Skype: carlos.raulg
Current UTC offset: -6.00 (Costa Rica)
Dear Farzaneh

> *The ccwg-IG and GNSO Council: * As it has been brought up on the NCSG
> list, GNSO Council has a motion to withdraw from CCWG-IG. This is in
> light
> of the current uniform framework for CCWG life cycles which GNSO
> Council
> has approved.
> https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-framework-principles-draft-19feb16-en.pdf
>
> If you look at the principles, the CCWG-IG charter does not fit the
> recommendations and principles, one reason is that  its mandate is
> based on
> a continuous mission not a one off mission.What we need to do is to
> perhaps
> change the CCWG-IG charter and implement it better, and make the group
> focus on certain issues throughout the year as well as having F2F
> meetings
> and high interest panels.
>
> I hope this is helpful.

Very helpful indeed. I have been trying to pass this message over under
my role as Council Liaison to the IG group. I can move on sure that at
least you got the message and I also agree that a revision of the
charter under the new framework for CWGs could be a very good exercise.

Cheers

Carlos Raul G.