[ccwg-internet-governance] CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation: Invitation to submit contributions

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Wed Nov 9 17:18:37 UTC 2016

Good afternoon

At the Face to Face Meeting of the CCWG on Internet Governance at the ICANN
57 Meeting the work of the CSTD WG on Enhanced Co-operation was discussed;
http://unctad.org/en/Pages/CSTD/WGEC-2016-to-2018.aspx

It was noted ­ see below - that the Working Group (which includes ICANN as
part of the Technical Community representation) had been asked to answer the
questions set out below.

If anyone would like to contribute to the ICANN input, please could you mail
nigel.hickson at icann.org  before 1st December.

Nigel Hickson
VP; UN and IGO Engagement
Geneva

Mobile:  +41 79 951 9625
Twitter:  @njhickson

Dear members of the Working Group,

Thank you very much for your active participation in the first meeting of
the working group on enhanced cooperation.
As a follow-up to our meeting, I am writing to invite you to submit your
contributions to the two guiding questions by email to the CSTD Secretariat.
(1) What are the high level characteristics of enhanced cooperation?
(2) Taking into consideration the work of the previous WGEC and the Tunis
Agenda, particularly paragraphs 69-71, what kind of recommendations should
we consider?

The deadline to submit inputs is 7 December 2016.