[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: [Internet Policy] ITU circumventing Budapest Convention?

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Mon Nov 28 01:49:25 UTC 2016

Since there is a sense of urgency here I am quickly posting the
following which may be additional useful information.
It may be good counterpoint to what is proposed in Vanuatu... I will
compare contents but that will take a day or so.

Sam L.

The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA)
is a centre of expertise for cyber security in Europe. It has just
published a 60 page booklet Good Practice Guide on National Cyber
Security Strategy. The booklet (in English) can be downloaded at:
https://www.enisa.europa.eu/publications/ncss-good-practice-guide

ENISA published its first National Cyber Security Strategy Good Practice
Guide in 2012. Since then, EU Member States and EFTA countries have
progressrf in developing and implementing their strategies. This guide
is updating the different steps, objectives and good practices of the
original guide and analyses the status of NCSS in the European Union and
EFTA area. The aim is to support EU Member States in their efforts to
develop and update their NCSS. Therefore, the target audience of this
guide are public officials and policy makers. The guide also provides
useful insights for the stakeholders involved in the lifecycle of the
strategy, such as private, civil and industry stakeholders.

On 11/27/2016 6:35 PM, Greg Shatan wrote:
> I am forwarding this email which is of considerable interest on
> several levels.
>
> Greg

   <content deleted>

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
  邦有道,贫且贱焉,耻也。邦无道,富且贵焉,耻也
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: Lanfran at Yorku.ca   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  https://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852