[ccwg-internet-governance] G20 DIGITAL ECONOMY - MINISTERIAL DECLARATION; DUSSELDORF; 7TH APRIL

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Fri Apr 7 14:40:08 UTC 2017

Colleagues

Good afternoon.  The final text of the Declaration of the ICT Ministers of the G20 has just been published at the conclusion of the Conference in Dusseldorf.

It is at http://www.bmwi.de/Redaktion/DE/Downloads/G/g20-digital-economy-ministerial-declaration-english-version.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=10 along with at Annex 1 a ROADMAP for Digitalisation – “Policies for a Digital Future”.

In Dusseldorf, yesterday the Argentinian Minister (Oscar Raul Aguad) agreed to further work on Internet / ICT issues during their Presidency in 2018.

Of potential importance to the ICANN Community, in Declaration, is:

Para 3:  Commitment of all G20 (see members at  http://g20.org.tr/about-g20/g20-members/ )  to multi-stakeholder approaches on Internet Governance;

Para 9:  Commitment to Open and competitive Internet Market;

Para 24:  Commitment to Industry and market-led standardization processes;

Para 26:  Commitment to maintenance of a global Internet;

Tarek Kamel and I (along with ISOC and other Community members) attended the multi-stakeholder component of the G20 ICT Ministerial in Dusseldorf yesterday.  I will circulate a Note of this.