[ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS Forum workshop at ITU 2017

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 07:49:33 UTC 2017

Hi

> On Apr 22, 2017, at 00:45, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> as a follow-up to our conference call, one of the action items was to
> issue a call for participants / discussion about the panellists for the
> WSIS Forum workshop.
> Details of the workshop are found on: https://community.icann.org/x/tpTRAw
>
> The current proposed panellist list is shown at the bottom of the page
> but at present we do not know who will be present in Geneva for the WSIS
> Forum. During the conference call, it was suggested that we ask if any
> members of the CCWG IG will be attending in person and whether they
> would be interested to appear on the panel. We'll then have the ability
> to mix CCWG IG and external participants.

It’d be good to make it more multistakeholder if possible, 5 NCUC and 1 At Large speakers doesn’t quite reflect the ICANN community.  When this was being rushed together I said sure I could talk about teaching IG in the European, Latin American and African schools and in universities, but if someone else wants to join I’d be happy to give up my slot, have my own workshop earlier in the week anyway.

Best

Bill