[ccwg-internet-governance] Some notes on the previoius CCWG-IG adobe meeting

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Apr 26 07:13:56 UTC 2017

Dear Matthew,

On 26/04/2017 07:17, Matthew Shears wrote:
> Are we convinced that this is really that appealing a workshop?  We
> know MS works for the DNS.  We always talk about looking at ICANN as a
> best practice for using MS approaches elsewhere - could we not explore
> expanding the learnings of the MS model in ICANN into other pressing
> policy areas?

I do not see a barrier why we should not. But we don't have consensus on
this because of the differing views:
- some people support spreading the ICANN multistakeholder model elsewhere
- some people support spreading the CWG IANA / CCWG Accountability
multistakeholder model elsewhere
- some people support the multistakeholder model, but NOT the ICANN
multistakeholder model which they say is only suitable at ICANN
- some people support the multistakeholder model, but NOT the ICANN
multistakeholder model that they think is not working at ICANN
etc.

Now if a debate is needed, with various views expressed, then that might
be more appealing than a "drink our kool aid" session.