[ccwg-internet-governance] DOA - Digital Object Architecture

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Aug 31 16:38:13 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I am just off a call of the UK government's Multistakeholder Advisory
Group on Internet Governance (MAGIG) focussing on WTDC-17 and the topic
of DOA / DONA, Digital Object Architecture, came up as this is a focus
of some countries in WTDC and this is a significantly disruptive ITU
supported activity.

The question was whether ICANN was doing anything about DOA / DONA or
whether it was even tracking the issue. I told colleagues that the CCWG
IG and ICANN GE staff (Nigel) were tracking WTDC.
But it was also mentioned by someone else that Tony Holmes of ISPCP has
written to the ICANN Board on behalf of the ISPCP, following up on the
DOA/DONA session in Copenhagen.

Please be so kind to find his latest correspondence:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/holmes-to-icann-board-23jun17-en.pdf

and the ICANN CTO response:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/conrad-to-holmes-18aug17-en.pdf

I trust that the CCWG IG will track this closely - especially in the
context of WTDC.

Kindest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond