[ccwg-internet-governance] DOA - Digital Object Architecture

Jim Prendergast jim at GALWAYSG.COM
Thu Aug 31 20:27:58 UTC 2017

Thanks Olivier

Does anyone on the list have any insight or explanation of what this might be? https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-durand-doa-over-dns-02.html

It’s an ICANN filing at IETF re DOA but I don’t quite understand it.

thanks

From: ccwg-internet-governance-bounces at icann.org [mailto:ccwg-internet-governance-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:38 PM
To: ccwg-internet-governance at icann.org
Subject: [ccwg-internet-governance] DOA - Digital Object Architecture

Hello all,

I am just off a call of the UK government's Multistakeholder Advisory Group on Internet Governance (MAGIG) focussing on WTDC-17 and the topic of DOA / DONA, Digital Object Architecture, came up as this is a focus of some countries in WTDC and this is a significantly disruptive ITU supported activity.

The question was whether ICANN was doing anything about DOA / DONA or whether it was even tracking the issue. I told colleagues that the CCWG IG and ICANN GE staff (Nigel) were tracking WTDC.
But it was also mentioned by someone else that Tony Holmes of ISPCP has written to the ICANN Board on behalf of the ISPCP, following up on the DOA/DONA session in Copenhagen.

Please be so kind to find his latest correspondence:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/holmes-to-icann-board-23jun17-en.pdf

and the ICANN CTO response:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/conrad-to-holmes-18aug17-en.pdf

I trust that the CCWG IG will track this closely - especially in the context of WTDC.

Kindest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond