[ccwg-internet-governance] PUBLIC IG SESSION AT COPENHAGEN (ICANN 58)

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Tue Jan 17 13:59:52 UTC 2017

Colleagues

Good afternoon.   As you are aware it was agreed, in a previous dialogue,
that we would seek CCWG IG Sessions at ICANN 58 on IG issues (our usual IG
Public Session) and a F2F Session of the CCWG.

On the former Olivier has wisely suggested we exchange ideas as to a rough
agenda ahead of a discussion on this on a forthcoming Call.

Initial thoughts were we might use this initial meeting of 2017 to:

1.   Briefly review main outcomes on IG front during 2016 (i.e. Where have
implications for our work); would include IGF 2016 (perhaps any lessons
learned);

2.  Look ahead to main issues during 2017; touching perhaps on Enhanced
Cooperation, ITU WSIS meeting and ITU WTDC (World Telecommunications
Development Conference)

3.  Discussion on IG priorities for ICANN Community