[ccwg-internet-governance] PUBLIC IG SESSION AT COPENHAGEN (ICANN 58)

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:53:03 UTC 2017

Hello,

Didn't we agree to stay within ICANN mission in our deliberations and
activities at CCWG-IG? Nigel has done that so far brilliantly in his
activities and we should continue. Therefore, I recommend not to include
SDG into the agenda since it is obviously outside of ICANN mission. Or am I
missing something? Are there implications for ICANN?
I can see the goals here:
https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/post2015/transformingourworld
Are we talking about ending poverty? No, it's Outside of ICANN mission
protect the planet? Outside of ICANN mission
Prosperity for human being? Nice goal but that is not what ICANN is here
for
Peace: same
partnership. same

Or is there another laundry list of these goals which I have overlooked
which is  within the mandate and mission of ICANN?

Farzaneh