[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG ON INTERNET GOVERNANCE; IGF WORKSHOP

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 6 15:56:03 UTC 2017

colleagues, unless I am mistaken, this workshop is WEOG heavy. I am not in any way a candidate to speak, let me very very clear. However, this workshop should be fully diverse and not have just the usual suspects as speakers, regardless of who was originally proposed.

I therefore suggest that the workshop speakers be more geo diverse, and offer some ideas:

Afghaistan - it is anticipated that both government and business speakers will attend

Pakistan -- at least government and probably NGOs will attend

Africa - it is anticipated that business and government and NGOs that are new to the space will attend.

At least five of the proposed speakers in this proposal are repeated speakers from so many IGFs and so many roles in the MAG and other events.

I suggest that we could consider to have new speakers, and have the old hands there as coaches and advisors. It is disappointing that we are promoting the same speakers over and over, if I am right?

We have so many new voices, can we have at least 50% new speakers.  I am not a speaker and will not be, but I am a proponent to bring in the newer voices.  Isn't that really what we want to do and what we must do?