[ccwg-internet-governance] IGF 2017 Workshop Selection Results

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Jun 17 15:25:30 UTC 2017

Dear Keith,

there is a WIKI page set-up as a "home" for preparing this workshop:
https://community.icann.org/x/7gLfAw
The proposal was filed by Nigel, with a few technical changes when it
comes to line-up of panellists and I expect that this will evolve, but I
urge everyone to track the evolution on the WIKI page. Development of a
more detailed agenda is the next step. Examples can be found on previous
years:
2016: https://community.icann.org/x/eg6OAw

As for the process for getting approval from the CCWG's Chartering
Organisations, we are yet to have a follow-up discussion on this. I
attempted to kick start such a discussion in January on:
- WG response to a sounding board request by staff:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-internet-governance/2017-January/002519.html
- WG response to a consultation -
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-internet-governance/2017-January/002520.html

Marilyn responded with different suggestions/channels for approval.
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-internet-governance/2017-January/002521.html
She suggested that there be other channels for informing Chartering
Organisations.

Both of the scenarios proposed above take into account a very tight
turnover time. Approval for the IGF workshop content requires a less
tight turnaround.

I would therefore suggest that a draft agenda be prepared by a small
group, that the proposal's text be polished and that it be presented to
chartering organisations, requesting their input, with a deadline that
would be workable for COs whilst respecting the IGF calendar of deadlines.