[ccwg-internet-governance] Fwd: [Internet Policy] Proposals to WTO regarding e-commerce

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 12:29:15 UTC 2017

While I agree, this is a little to tipped toward ITU. We should also update on the HLPF outcomes at the UNGA, and there may be also initiatives at other fora that are relevant. We could invite a very short update on the program of main sessions at the IGF, perhaps by Thomas Schneider himself, as he is the official Co Chair Host.

I'd prefer that we do a short survey of what is happening in the land of the UN:
-ITU
sub topics
-UNESCO
-relevant sub topics
-UNCTAD/CSTD and CSTD WG EC

and then also address some other activities that are also presenting potential impacts on ICANN, including some of the proposals for Global Compacts, or agreements that are related to cyber security that also have implications of ICANN, and frankly, even directly the intermediary roles of contracted parties. Not to debate but to inform. Especially, I do not want to see proponents showing up thinking that they can promote their own role and preference, but let's have an informational session that also allows q and a in a balanced manner.