[ccwg-internet-governance] ICANN AT THE MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS 2018; BARCELONA, 26/2 - 1/3

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Tue Feb 13 12:27:00 UTC 2018

Colleagues

Good afternoon; on our CCWG IG Call on Friday, we promised to come back to the List with some further details about the ICANN participation in the annual Mobile World Congress (MWC) later in month in Barcelona.  Overall information of MWC is at https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/about/

ICANN will be represented with a small team from the Organisation led by Göran Marby (CEO) and including Tarek Kamel and David Conrad. The engagement will allow Göran and colleagues to engage in a number of governmental and non-governmental bilaterals, including with the European Commission, the UAE and the UK.  We will also be meeting with leaders of a number of Data Protection Authorities in relation to GDPR. There will also be a number of meetings with different mobile operators on such issues as the KSK roll-out and DNSSEC.

On the Sunday afternoon Göran will take part and speak in a roundtable meeting organised by the European Internet Forum (EIF). See https://www.eifonline.org/events/844-eif-gsma-high-level-roundtable-discussion-the-global-5g-promise.html

We will circulate a Report.