[ccwg-internet-governance] ICANN61 Schedule Review

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Feb 15 10:43:00 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

thanks to everyone who has provided some feedback about the schedule,
both on the list and off-list. Several people suggested swapping the
sessions over, but Nigel came up with a strong point that the Public
Session is better on Monday as it is the only slot where the GAC is
unconflicted (although not showing "conflicted" on Thursday, by then GAC
is busy); thus we could have a full line-up of participants at the
public session.
The F2F session slot isn't that great as it clashes with the ICANN 62
scheduling kick-off. But there really aren't any other slots available
as the Thursday morning is already completely full and the Public Forum
starts immediately after in the afternoon.

Thus I have told Tanzanica that we are okay with the current proposed
times, also explaining the difference between the Public Meeting and F2F
meeting as comments had been received by other SO/AC/SG/C organisers
asking if we could just hold one, rather than two sessions. I am quite
surprised that, after the number of sessions we've held in past
meetings, this distinction isn't understood by your respective
leaderships. That tells me we still need to improve on communication.