[ccwg-internet-governance] WSIS Forum: Open Consultation Process on Thematic Aspects and Innovations on the Format

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Feb 15 14:41:19 UTC 2018

Dear Farzaneh,

thanks for your follow-up.
Nigel's workshop submission included a spiel which I felt was a good
starting point:

/3. “A Dialogue on different cooperation models for approaches to
Internet Public Policy development” - Action Line 11

This session, organised by the ICANN Cross Community Working Group on
Internet Governance (CCWG IG) will look at varying patterns and examples
of multi stakeholder engagement across a number of different fora,
contrasting their effectiveness and potential lessons to be learned. The
views and experiences of all those present will be valuable for this
Roundtable discussion. Participants will include members of the ICANN
Community./

What we need to do is to build an agenda from this, as well as suggest
speakers. I agree that we need to be mindful of not having the same
people on the panel again and again, but we are also restricted to those
of us who attend WSIS Forum in person, and unfortunately that's not many
people - especially this year as it is in the week immediately after
ICANN61.

Topical examples of successful multi-stakeholder involvement (in no
specific order):
- IANA Stewardship Transition
- Various CCWG Accountability WS1 & WS2 & workstreams
- How ICANN is going about reviewing the new gTLD program and designing
any amendments for the future
- Human Rights at ICANN (although I wonder, with WSIS Forum having so
many government participants, perhaps we need to focus on more
government focus)
- How the GAC participates in the various ICANN tracks
etc.