[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG-IG session going on now

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:52:09 UTC 2018

You have Tatiana and Joanna because we asked for new people on these panels
and worked towards bringing in experts for the past two years. Also because
the "usual suspects" in some groups have taken the back seat allowing other
qualified people present on these panels. Otherwise, the composition of the
panel would have been the same.

A good panel at WSIS is not only about the attendees of WSIS. It's about
what vision we are portraying outside of ICANN and how we show this to our
ICANN community too. If we don't show the evolution and send the same
people in over and over, then I don't think we get the result we want. This
panel was actually good in my opinion and some interesting conversation was
going on.

I am not really calling for forced diversity or changing the composition of
the panel all the time, I am calling for at least looking for other
qualified people who can replace those who have been on these panels since
the inception of CCWG-IG.

PS. Tatiana, the threshold of being called "usual suspect" on the panel for
this group is around 20 times and some have permanent seats. you have a
long way to go.

Farzaneh