[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG-IG call of Friday, May 23

Mary Uduma mnuduma at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 05:03:08 UTC 2018

 Dear All,
I  am so sorry for missing the call.
I have listened to the recording of the productive meeting.
I support the suggestion that we submit a workshop proposal for the 2018 IGF along the line of Marilyn's suggested topic. However, I do not understand what   'CCWG-IG  NOT TOO MUCH OF ICANN'' means.  Is this working group not ICANN based?
By our Charter, are we not a..  acting as the bridge between ICANN and the rest of IG processes and Ecosystem?  b  .briefing ICANN Community of possible threats ICANN faces and could possibly face within the IG space including advising on possible solutions?
If the answers to these questions are in the affirmative, it then behoves us to propose a workshop that has an undertone of ICANN's interest and portrays that the multi-stakeholders process works.
Going forward with Marilyn's suggested topic, I think we could tweak it to elicit how the outcomes have impacted on ICANN processes or how ICANN's processes have influenced other IG  initiatives and processes for these 12 years, eg at local levels.
Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.
BR,
Mary Uduma