[ccwg-internet-governance] IGF2018 Announcement

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Thu May 24 13:48:12 UTC 2018

Good morning;

With respect to our discussion on the CCWG IG Call yesterday, concerning the venue for the IGF 2018, the following (earlier today) from my colleague Laurent, will be of potential interest.  The actual confirmation, of course, has to come from the UN/IGF Secretariat.

Dear Colleagues,

This morning during his speech at the Tech4Good Summit, Emmanuel Macron has announced that France has proposed to host the IGF2018 from 12th November to 14th November (France is planning a Day Zero event on the 11th). Between 60 and 100 Heads of States and many major CEOs will be in Paris at this time for the Peace Summit organized for the 100th Anniversary of the WW1 Armistice. We can expect a high-level attendance at the IGF this year.

The IGF will take place at the UNESCO premises

Best

Laurent