[ccwg-internet-governance] CCWG-IG call of Friday, May 23

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu May 24 15:26:19 UTC 2018

Dear Marilyn,

please be so kind to find my comments/questions inline:

On 23/05/2018 20:56, Marilyn Cade wrote:
[...]
> I made a proposal that the Wshop proposal be a town hall to take stock
> of achievements to date on key issues identified in early days, and a
> modification was offered to add in looking ahead  to such topics as
> IA, IOT, Big Data, etc.

Understood, but I would feel more at ease if we were to still retain an
ICANN angle to these discussions. As others have asked, is it in the
remit of this working group to discuss general Internet Governance? How
general? Our past workshops at IGF have always had an ICANN flavour to
them: https://community.icann.org/x/fw6OAw
Sometimes I think that it is *because* the group making the proposal is
an ICANN Community group discussing ICANN related topics in a wider
setting, that our workshop proposals score high. Could there be a chance
that being too general and disconnected from ICANN might not serve us well?

> [...]
>

> BUT, if we move forward on this CCWG _ IG, I'd like to propose that we
> invite the two senior Ambassadors who attended in Brazil as co
> moderators and do a looking back and looking ahead 90 minute workshop,
> but without panelists, using the NetMundial 'from the floor' approach.

Do you mean Brazil IGF in 2007? 2006 IGF was in Athens. Do you have
their name/contact details so we could check with them?