[ccwg-internet-governance] Scheduling meetings at ICANN63

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 05:42:27 UTC 2018

Olivier

For the F2F the description says that you want to brief the crowd about the
CCEG charter. Last thing I found about the charter from you is here:
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-internet-governance/2018-August/003203.html

Can you please also brief the members of this CCWG-IG? Sorry I know I am
back from the dead, I regained my ability to travel and really thought it
would be a shame not to follow up on this group. I used to be NCSG rep, but
GNSO  is not the chartering org anymore so I would like to know how you are
progressing with this charter. Was it sent to GNSO Council? You said in
your August email:

"The plan is that once the responses are sent to the ccNSO Chair, a copy
of this response will also be sent to the GNSO Chair +Vice Chairs. This
should trigger a discussion between the two SOs, if their so desire, and
we are hoping to receive further replies concerning suggested amendments.

As a kind reminder, an action item from the Panama Face to Face meeting
was to complete the transition from CCWG to a CCEG Charter by, or at the
ICANN Barcelona meeting."

Was the charter sent to CCNSO and GNSO? Are GNSO and CCNSO talking
about it? Will they talk about it in Barcelona? I'll be sad if this
group doesn't meet its deadline for finalizing the charter. I think we
started some time ago.

Can we know what we will be talking about with the Board?

By the way ... I think some people are ahead of us in discussing
IGO/UN/National initiatives   that might affect ICANN :)

https://gac.icann.org/sessions/icann63-high-level-governmental-meeting-hlgm

Can we set an agenda?

Farzaneh