[ccwg-internet-governance] DRAFT AGENDA FOR THE CCWG IG PUBLIC SESSION AND CCWG IG F2F MEETING

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Wed Oct 10 21:48:43 UTC 2018

Colleagues

Good evening. Further to the dialogue on the list earlier today, I outline below draft agendas for the two Sessions on the Thursday of ICANN 63.  As noted by Farzaneh and Oliver we need participants, and of course new faces would be great.

We will produce a background Paper on PP-18 outlining potentially controversial proposals and a timeline of some future IG events.

Draft Agenda for CCWG IG Public Forum; Thursday 25th October; 10.30 – 12.00

https://63.schedule.icann.org/meetings/901774

1. Welcome, Introduction

2. IGF Paris 2018 and Paris Peace Forum

Key questions: what are we likely to expect at this IGF? What are ICANN's sessions? What are the topics under discussion that might affect ICANN directly? What role does ICANN have in Peace Forum?

3. ITU Plenipotentiary 2018 (PP-18)

A discussion about the proposals from member states that affect ICANN directly.

4. UN Panel on Digital Cooperation

An introduction on what this panel is expected to do and discussion on relevance to ICANN

5. IG Strategic Outlook taking into account discussions at HLGM @ ICANN 64 – The threat of global and national legislation

Exchange of views on some of the current dynamics in the Internet ecosystem

6.  Any Other Business and Closing remarks

A brief update on development of Charter for the new CCIG EG.

Draft Agenda for CCWGIG F2F Meeting; Thursday 25thOctober, 12.15 – 13.30hrs

https://63.schedule.icann.org/meetings/901775

1. Introductions

2. Update on introduction of Charter for CC Engagement Group

Olivier will give update following discussions with SO/AC during week in Barcelona.

3. Discussion on IG priorities for ICANN with Board WG on IG;

An in depth dialogue with Board members on Board WG on future IG priorities for ICANN

4. Any Other Business